QUEZON City Mayor Herbert Bautista will lead the commemoration of the 140th birth anniversary of former President Manuel Quezon on Sunday at the Museum of Manuel Quezon at the Quezon Memorial Circle.
The program will start at 7:30 am with Israeli Ambassador to the Philippines Ephraim Ben Matityau as guest of honor.
Mayor Bautista will also be joined by the City Council and National Historical Commission of the Philippines officials in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Quezon Memorial.
The commemoration will be followed by the inauguration of the Presidential Car Museum near the Quezon City Experience Museum (QCX Museum) at 9:30 am. The morning final activity shall be the inauguration of the Philippine-Israel Friendship Park located beside the Manuel L. Quezon Heritage House.
The Philippine-Israel Friendship Park will feature a special marker in honor of President Manuel Quezon.
President Quezon has been instrumental in saving the lives of over 1,000 Jewish refugees. The friendship park also celebrates the Philippines’ vote in favor of the creation of the state of Israel.
Meanwhile, Bautista will also lead the inauguration of the new Presidential Car Museum together with National Historical Commission of the Philippines (NHCP) executive director Ludovico D. Badoy.
The Presidential Car Museum, which is at the Quezon Memorial Circle, shall showcase several vehicles used by past Philippine Presidents.
Plaques narrating various state functions these cars served shall help visitors of the country’s newest museum understand many of the country’s most important historical events.
“Layunin natin na ipakalat ang turo at mga ginawa ng mga bayaning Pilipino at ng mga personahe natin sa kasaysayan,” Presidential Car Museum curator Ryan Tan said.
The car museum showcases the following vehicles:
· Packard Single-6 233 Series of Pres. Emilio Aguinaldo,
· Chrysler Airflow Custom Imperial CW of Pres. Manuel L. Quezon,
· Packard Custom Super Eight: One-Eighty Limousine of Pres. Jose P. Laurel,
· Packard Custom Super Eight: One-Eighty Limousine of Pres. Sergio Osmeña,
· Cadillac Fleetwood Series 75 Limousine of Pres. Manuel Roxas,
· Chrysler Crown Imperial Limousine of Pres. Elpidio Quirino,
· Cadillac Series 75-23 of Pres. Ramon Magsaysay,
· Cadillac Sedan DeVille of Pres. Diosdado Macapagal,
· Lincoln Continental Mark VI of Pres. Ferdinand E. Marcos,
· Mercedes-Benz 500SEL of Pres. Corazon C. Aquino,
· Mercedes-Benz 500SEL Guard of Pres. Fidel V. Ramos,
· Mercedes-Benz S600 of Pres. Joseph Ejercito Estrada, and
· Mercedes-Benz S600 Limousine V140 of Pres. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
The museum will also feature a special section for the Rolls-Royce Phantom V of former First Lady Imelda Marcos, Willys Jeep donated by General Douglas MacArthur that served as the vehicle of Secretary of National Defense Ramon Magsaysay during the Quirino Administration, Cadillac V16 Transformable Town Car Cabriolet used by Pres. Manuel Quezon and General Douglas MacArthur, and a carriage or kalesa used by Leon Apacible, one of the authors and of the 1899 Constitution in Malolos.
Presidential spokesperson Harry L. Roque will be the guest of honor during the event.
The new Presidential Car Museum is open from 8am to 4pm every Tuesday to Sunday and is free to the public.
BD Admin: You think your friends gonna like this piece? If you do, kindly share it. Thanks.
The post QC to commemorate 140th birth anniversary of President Manuel Quezon appeared first on Beyond Deadlines .
(Click link above to read the story via Beyond Deadlines)